Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman

Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman - Yvon Chouinard As I am someone who thoroughly enjoys the outdoors and all that nature has to offer, this book inspired me. Although I currently do not own any Patagonia products but know of them and their products, I was very intrigued by the history of the company and found out many things that I did not know and, quite honestly, admired. For instance, I was unaware that Patagonia, which started out as Chouinard Equipment-- Mr. Chouinard noticed that El Capitan was being damaged by climber's pitons and decided to make pitons that were removable and sold them to support his climbing and surfing passions and inadvertently created what now is Patagonia-- donates 1% of their net sales per annum to non-profit organizations that support and strive for a green environment. Patagonia has also helped to purchase thousands of acres of land throughout the world so that it will forever remain as it should-- in its natural state for all to enjoy. Patagonia also supports/allows its employees to actively participate in their own beliefs and will even pay for any "fees" incurred in support of them. This book is for anyone that has the desire to change the world in a positive manner by exploring and developing their passion(s) in life. Mr. Chouinard and Patagonia is an excellent example of the power that people and companies have to make the world a better place in which to live. Highly recommended!