Bank On Yourself: The Life-Changing Secret to Protecting Your Financial Future

Bank On Yourself: The Life-Changing Secret to Protecting Your Financial Future - Pamela Yellen While the idea that the author presents is an intriguing, much unknown alternative for most Americans, this book, I believe, is very poorly written. Not from the standpoint that it doesn't convey the idea well, but it does so in such a long, drawn out manner, in which the author feels as though it is necessary to show many other's personal successes with this strategy. Perhaps I am being too hard on the author, but I really could have read this book as a 20-page pamphlet and made up my own mind as to whether it is a good strategy or not. One significant downside to the author's strategy that is not noted in the book is that it is my understanding that one is "locked in" to the U.S. Dollar, which will most likely depreciate significantly in value in the coming years. If you decide to read the book, and I would suggest that you give it a chance, only read the chapters pertinent to her strategy and how it is set up, how one earns income, etc and skip the rest.